We are devoted to helping you every step of the way!
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLICATION & ACCEPTANCE:
Pomona Catholic will review all I20 documents and interview (skype or personal) the applicant.When the student has been accepted to Pomona Catholic the I20 packet will be sent to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles who will review and issue the I20. The following is a list of necessary Admissions procedures, effective June 2019. Please contact Mrs. Torres to setup the interview at email@example.com.
Students may apply to the school directly or through an International Student Exchange Visitor Placement Organization (ISEVPO) registered with the California Attorney General's office and whose contract has been approved by the Archdiocese.
Once an I20 is issued the student must contact the United States Consulate in his/her home country for an interview. At this interview the student will either be issued or denied the F-1 Student Visa.
After the Application Process is complete, the student will receive an Acceptance Packet providing directions for Registration. See Procedural Steps attached for more information below.
- Completed Pomona Catholic School application & Fee: $250.00 – Non-refundable
- Copy of student’s current passport
- If student will be living in the U.S. with someone other than his/her parent(s), it is necessary that the parent(s) complete the “Authorization for Adult to Act as Custodial Parent” form.
- Official translated copy of the student’s school transcript
- Copy of your Immunization Records (TB test must have been administered within the last four years)
- I-20 Application processing fee: $900.00 money order payable to “Department of Catholic Schools” – Nonrefundable or use the Funds Authorization Form to wire or use a credit card.
- An additional fee of 125.00 is required if the I-20 is mailed out of the country.
- Proof of financial responsibility: certified letter from parent(s) bank verifying total amount translated into American dollars for: tuition, additional $2500. for living expenses, and transportation. OR if a guardian will be responsible for the student tuition and living expenses, a copy of the guardian’s most recent Federal income tax form must be submitted.
- Student Interview (Skype upon request)
- Addresses: the I20 application requires foreign address, foreign phone, local address and local phone (the U.S. address must be where the student will reside while attending school).
- A Student Transfering an I-20/SEVIS number presently in an active status must submit all the steps above except the charge is 300.00 instead of $750.00.
- Student must notify former school, who issued I-20, to transfer the “ACTIVE” SEVIS number to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Pomona Catholic School on the Homeland Security Website.
- Provide a copy of the active I-20 and SEVIS I-901 payment receipt. Receipts may be obtained at www.fmjfee.com using your sevis number.
- See additional funds payment and authorization form below for payment options.
A student may not begin school until the Transfer and Documents are received. Students may not attend schools on a Visitor/Tourist Visa (B1/B2/B3)
Please contact the Director of Admissions & Enrollment, Mrs. Maggie Torres at ext. 11 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the procedures and to set up your interview time.